About Me

My photo
Daughter, sister, wife, mother, friend. Living each day to the fullest. I know God has a plan for me, if I could just see it all through His eyes.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Swimming Pool?

So, have you wondered about the swimming pool in my picture? Heh,heh. Well, if you have let me tell you, it is not there anymore! I love this picture. It was a random shot. I was out with my camera for a whole week trying to get pictures of our fall colors, which, by the way, are LONG GONE! So one morning right after a rain shower I ran out while the sun was shining and snapped a few. This is one of the beauties! I love the way the clouds and trees turned out. But there is that ugly, eye-sore, swimming pool in the picture. The next week the side blew in during a wind storm that also stripped most of our trees. So, Mike took it down, used the metal to roof a new shed and put the rest in a heap to wait for Spring Clean-Up '09. Yah. (note the lack of enthusiasm) #1. I hate mounds of trash in our yard. It never fails, we get rid of one, another rises in it's place, usually bigger. Kind of like dandelions.
#2. That was supposed to be my lap pool. Of course, I'd let the kids use it but I wanted it to do laps. But after we put it up, bought a few new pieces and priced new liners, Mike tells me that the filter has a crack and he won't buy a new one. So that's that. But I am determined to have a pool next year. Deep enough to do something good for my butt, hips and waist! I may not be able to do laps but water aerobics/walking sounds fun!

1 comment:

Kimberli said...

I love that picture too!