About Me

My photo
Daughter, sister, wife, mother, friend. Living each day to the fullest. I know God has a plan for me, if I could just see it all through His eyes.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Welcome to Art 2010!

Wow! A whole new school year. That means a whole new year of ART! Woot!

So to start off this year with kids at the Lighthouse Academy we did self-portraits. I didn't put any restrictions on what they could or couldn't do. I just asked them to draw a picture of themselves and to pay close attention to details.
What kind of details?

Well, how about eyelashes, eyebrows and even noses? Those are a few things often forgotten on childrens' drawings of themselves. A few more are necks (yes, we all have a neck. Our head does not just sit on top our shoulders. Who knew?), freckles and eyewear.

So here is a collection of the kids' art work from September 13, 2010.



It will be fun to see how the kids grow in their artistic capabilities and creativity.
Follow along with us over the course of this new school year and let us know what you think.
Coming up next week in art: Fall Leaf Suncatchers



No comments: