About Me

My photo
Daughter, sister, wife, mother, friend. Living each day to the fullest. I know God has a plan for me, if I could just see it all through His eyes.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Taking it Easy

Stolen from a stranger
Because I don't feel like doing a real post and yet I want to post something....

1. Make a list of things you can see without getting up: My painting, Swans in Gold; Riley eating breakfast, a dying poinsettia, a super-duper laser printer that I can't imagine living without (how did I survive without it for so long?); the cluttered kitchen counter .

2. Favorite football team: Green Bay Packers GO! PACK! GO!

3. What are you wearing now? a pink nightgown and pink slippers--I believe in coordinating my wardrobe! ;)

4. What color is your bedroom? a deep red to go with my nautical theme--it's awesome!

5. What’s the last thing you read/are currently reading?
The Explosive Child - Ross W. Greene, Ph.D.

6. Do you nap a lot? No. I try to take a nap every Sunday. Other than that it's only when I'm thoroughly exhausted.

7. Who was the last person you hugged? Riley -- had to get my daily dose of lovin'!

8. What’s your current obsession/addiction?
Pioneer Woman

9. What was the last thing you said aloud? to Riley as he ran off with MY yogurt, "Sit at the table it you're gonna eat it."

10. What web sites do you always visit when you go online? my favorite blogs (on the side bar), up.net, Facebook, and MSN.com for my daily dose of news

11. What was the last thing you bought? gas...$20 gave me 3/4 tank

12. What are you listening to right now? Riley playing Lego's, he's got an air raid going down.

13. What is something you wish you could do more? Go out with Mike without the kids. Especially to visit friends & play a game or just be alone for awhile.

14. If you could have any super power, what would it be? The power to clone whenever I have too many things to do. Just clone a few of myself and, VOILA!, delegate duties. It's all done!

15. What is your favorite weather, and why? Balmy days with a light breeze....right about 65-70*F is good.

16. What time do you usually get up? Weekdays I get up at 6:00 or a bit before so I can get the kids out to the car by 6:40. Saturdays I TRY to sleep in, about 8:30-ish, but it depends on the kids. Sundays, I have to be up and ready for church so I get up between 6:30-7:00 so I can get totally prepared before the kids get up. Unless I still have stuff to prepare for Sunday School, then it's 5-ish. Ick!

17. What is your most challenging goal right now? It's a toss up: Being patient with my family now that I'm working more hours and nothing gets done at home OR losing weight. Depends on the day.

18. Say something to the person who tagged you: ummm....nobody tagged me. I stole this thing, remember? But I'll say "Hi, I love your blog!" to
Angela anyway. =)

19. If you could have a house–totally paid for, fully furnished–anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be? I'd still want to be in the UP, but instead of being in the middle of the woods with a horrible well, and a gravel quarry behind my property, I'd want to be right on the water (Lake Superior & Lake Michigamme are good). But I'd also need like 120 acres to surround me.

20. Favorite vacation spot? So far, Hawaii has to be my favorite. I loved it and want to go back but take my husband and kids next time.

21. What is your favorite children’s book?
Bear Wants More and Bear Snores On I love the rhyming story and the illustrations are so adorable! I haven't read the others, YET!

22. Name one thing you just can’t resist no matter how bad it is for you: McDonald's Chicken Selects dipped in Ranch and Buffalo sauce and a large Mocha. Yum-O!

23. If you could meet anyone famous - dead or alive - who would it be? I have no idea......um, maybe Martin Luther King, Jr. Or maybe
Anastasia Nikolaevna and her family.

24. Have you ever met anyone famous? If so who? Yup, I met Davy Jones and Sally Struthers when I went to a play in Chicago during my Senior year of high school. It was cool to meet them but the play, a modernistic version of Grease, was lame.

25. If you could have any job in the world , what would it be? I want to be a stay-at-home mom that doesn't feel like she needs to work to make ends meet.

If any of you are in the mood for a super easy don't-have-to-think-about-it post, feel free to follow my example and steal this from me.

No comments: