About Me

My photo
Daughter, sister, wife, mother, friend. Living each day to the fullest. I know God has a plan for me, if I could just see it all through His eyes.

Friday, January 30, 2009

~ My Husband Rocks! ~ The Moment I Knew...



Prompt/Theme for Friday, January 30, 2009

.....the moment or the circumstances that led to you knowing that you were going to marry the man who became your husband....


As I've mentioned before, Mike and I would drive around after work in the wee hours of the morning. Sometimes we would go to a truck stop diner and have a cheap breakfast or go fishing or just burn up miles of asphalt and talk. Most of the time my brother Jason was with us.

It didn't take long before Mike knew I had a huge crush on him. I really didn't ever think anything would come of it; I was just having fun. But the longer we worked together and the more time we spent together, the more I liked Mike and really wanted our relationship to go farther than just work acquaintances or friends.

I remember sitting in the parking lot one morning as he was dropping me off at my car and I was looking at his profile and thinking how he was becoming more to me. He was my confidant and I could really tell him EVERYTHING. It was just a week or so later that we were driving down Riverside and we were talking about how we wanted our homes decorated, the number of kids we wanted, how we would raise those kids and where we wanted to live. The conversation started with us talking about our individual lives and as we talked we were soon incorporating each other's ideas into what we wanted and what we "would do". That is when I thought in my mind that he wanted to move forward in a serious relationship and that we were on the same page with values and dreams for our futures. I KNEW he was the one I wanted and somehow, despite the circumstances we were in, we would end up together.









No comments: