About Me

My photo
Daughter, sister, wife, mother, friend. Living each day to the fullest. I know God has a plan for me, if I could just see it all through His eyes.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Now I know why

I picked up a realtors catalog not too long ago and it's been floating about the house ever since. We love to look at what's on the market in our area and dream about the homes we would buy if we ever won the lottery that we don't play.

There are some of those houses that just knock our socks off. We really dig the ones that have 4 or more bedrooms. Separate the kiddos and we'd have loads of peace around here. But what we don't understand is when there are all these bedrooms and only one bathroom. Now granted, when I was growing up, we had 7 people living in a 3-bedroom home with one bathroom and we worked around that quite well, even having 3 girls. And then, this boggled me even more....the homes that have, like, 2 or 3 bedrooms and 5, yes, that's FIVE, bathrooms. Whatever for????


Well, I learned why. Between last night and this morning.


Last night we got home from doing some shopping and taking the boys to Long John Silver's. The first thing the boys do is head for the bathrooms. We have two. Bathrooms. And 4 boys. So Samuel got in there. All fine and good, heads off to bed. Eli's next and he's gonna be awhile. Michael asks to use our bathroom. I told him only if he's gonna be quick. He assures me he will be quick. Half an hour later I was crossing my legs and getting mad! He finally saunters out. I was not happy.


Ok. I could justify 2 1/2 baths. But five? That's just a bit nuts.


Then Riley called to me this morning for some assistance in the bathroom. This is what I found:



We are all readers. Now I know why there are 5 bathrooms in some homes. Oiy!

2 comments:

MyKidsMom said...

Hahaha; I have a boy that likes to get a little reading done that way as well:) And I've uttered a few threats through the door from time to time.

That really is a cute pic; and he's really gonna hate that pic one of these days. Good blackmail material though..;)

PS. Okay, I just had to pop back to the comment to say that my verification word is..."hated"...how weird is that? lol

Penelope said...

Hahaha, that's cute! He's going to hate that picture some day. :)

Also, my father and brother both work construction, and I have noticed the same thing about houses lately. I can understand wanting more than one or two bathrooms, but why 5, when there are only 3 bedrooms?!?