About Me

My photo
Daughter, sister, wife, mother, friend. Living each day to the fullest. I know God has a plan for me, if I could just see it all through His eyes.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Living in Thanksgiving


At first I wasn't going to participate in this today. But then I remembered the horrible dream I had last night.

I woke from a deep sleep at 3:54am just overwhelmed with grief. Usually I can just pray awhile and then go back to sleep but my dream had disturbed me so much that I had to get up. I did keep myself from going into the boys' room to make sure all was well but oh, what a dream!

I dreamt that my kids and I were walking along a bridge from my home town and it was under construction. There were huge gaps in the concrete and wierd scaffolding along the sides without rails. Eli fell from the bridge but was okay. He'd meet me on the other side. But then Samuel began to jump from ledge to ledge around the holes. He then jumped unto the scaffolding and I begged him to come back, carefully. Instead, with this huge cheeky grin that usually means he's going to do something that will test my patience, he jumped right off into the air. He was not okay. But in my dream I waited until the next day to call 911. As I recounted to my husband, in the dream, what Samuel had done, I recalled the huge cheeky grin and began to sob in anguish at the thought of never seeing it again.

That's when I woke up.

So, today, I am VERY, VERY thankful for my children and God's protective and merciful hand on us.

I'm also thankful for the huge cheeky grin though it exasperates me so on some occasions.

I'm thankful that when I can't protect my children, God can and does.

I'm also thankful that I can trust God in every situation, good and bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is so very good! I have had the same experience with dreams. It's such a relief to wake up, but they stick with you the rest of the day. Thank God for His mercy and kindness.

Thank you for joining in today!

I love the song on your sidebar. I have that Cd on my computer and love listening to it. :)