About Me

My photo
Daughter, sister, wife, mother, friend. Living each day to the fullest. I know God has a plan for me, if I could just see it all through His eyes.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What's On Your Nightstand?


What's On Your Nightstand is a monthly meme on the fourth Tuesday of every month.
This month I've completed my Anything Agatha Challenge.
Three Blind Mice
The Moving Finger
Pocket Full of Rye
Evil Under the Sun
The Body in the Library
Curtain
I also checked out a book from the Finlandia University Library when I picked up some books for Riley:
The Journal of William Thomas Emerson - Barry Denenberg
I've also read to my children all the stories of Christ's birth that I could get my hands on.
Come and See, A Christmas Story - Monica Mayper
The Light of the World - Katherine Paterson
The Birth of Jesus and other Bible Stories - P3 Publishing
Christmas in the Stable - Astrid Lindgren and Harald Wiberg
The First Night - B. G. Hennessey
Donkey Daniel in Bethlehem - Janice Kramer
The Legend of the Christmas Rose - William H. Hooks
Busy, Busy Innkeeper - Katrina Cassell
I have a whole pile of books next to my bed awaiting my attention. I may finish 2 or 3 more before the end of the month but I'm trying to wait for January and the beginning of the 100+ Reading Challenge for 2009.

3 comments:

MyKidsMom said...

Is the William Emerson book in the My name is America series? My son received a set of those last Christmas and really enjoyed them.

Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas holiday!

bigSIS said...

Yes. I saw them when getting Riley's books at the library so decided to read them. I think I'd like to get my boys the complete set as well.

Cheryl Hirzel said...

If you get the chance, be sure to add this one to your Christmas reading for the kids "One Wintry Night" by Ruth Bell Graham. This Christmas story takes you and your children from the Creation to the Resurection.