About Me

My photo
Daughter, sister, wife, mother, friend. Living each day to the fullest. I know God has a plan for me, if I could just see it all through His eyes.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Walking in a Winter Wonderland




Hubby did not get his wish to stay home from school today but I got my wish for the boys to be in school. Yeah! Riley took a few moments, as I was getting ready to go out the door, to walk to the end of the driveway and make some tracks in the fresh snow. He's really into tracks lately. It's really endearing, except when I'm running late to the bus or church and he won't go straight to the van. Instead he is out in the yard....making TRACKS. *sigh* He's just too sweet.


We went up to school to have lunch with Mike today (shrimp, clams and some seasoned fries that are to die for! yum-O!) and crash in the library for an hour or so. It was so cold! 8* F before the wind chill! I still have to go out in it tonight. It wouldn't be so bad but it's at least a 45 minute drive. Er--Brrrrr!


Here's another pic of "the tree". I don't like pine trees. I don't know what kind this is....but it's the only one on our property that I do like. So I take lots of pictures of it. So Pretty!









6 comments:

MyKidsMom said...

This is exactly what December is supposed to look like. We'll be lucky to get any snow this month, let alone have a white Christmas. They actually have a song they play out here on the radio all about "Christmas in the NorthWest" and how it's beautiful and green. It's kind of irritating,LoL:)

Kimberli said...

Your pic of "the tree" is much prettier than mine... something about the blue. hmmmm...

We got snow too. but, not pretty, "I want to play in it" snow... more like, frozen ice in a nice drift in my front yard. And then last night, drifting snow over the ice that is sure to give me a fun commute today.

Nikki said...

You won the Christmas coasters! Send me an e-mail with your address, and I will stick them in the mail. I will try to get to the post office early this week, but I may not make it until Friday.

I must admit that I am jealous of your snow. It has been years and years since we had any real snow. We usually don't get anything, but when we do, it's just sleet. Ugh!

Nikki said...

I guess you need my email address: jds_nps(at)hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Brrr. That's cold! Your snow is lovely, though. We're getting dumped on today so my boys will want to be out in it "making tracks" too. :)

bigSIS said...

Mykidsmom- I like the snow but not the cold! what are your temps like? usually Dec is mild round here but not this yr. Global warming, anyone???
Kim-isn't that blue striking? we've seen a bit more of it this past week but we're in for more snow according to the weatherman.
Nikki-I'm so excited! Thanks again for hosting a giveaway. Woo hoo.
Bluecastle-i only wish I could go out with my boys. but I can't tolerate the cold too well. Riley says, "mom, you need snow pants!" Honey...if it were only that easy!