About Me

My photo
Daughter, sister, wife, mother, friend. Living each day to the fullest. I know God has a plan for me, if I could just see it all through His eyes.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Giving Up Control

The problem with being a leader for so long in something is that when you finally relinquish that control it is so hard to deal with how the next leader does things.

I am having that issue in regards to our Parent meetings for Head Start. This year was the first time in 7 years that I did not volunteer to be an officer. I have been the Chairperson for 4 of those years, the secretary for 2 and the treasurer once. I've also been the Council Rep once.

I decided that this year I'd let the newer parents have a shot at leading. The problem lies in the fact that some of them don't know what they are doing but don't want suggestions either. So, I just sat back and let the meeting flounder. We didn't accomplish much besides setting dates for our next 2 meetings.

Well, it's my last year to be involved in this aspect of BHK so I guess I won't complain too much. Maybe I'll hint around during classroom hours and give our newbies some tips. Or maybe I'll just shut my mouth and accept that I'm no longer in control. =)

No comments: